One Of These Days...

....I'm going to start a blog.

...I'm going to organize old pictures into albums.

...I'm going to learn not to feel guilty about enjoying the simple pleasures in life.

...I'm going to do nothing for the sake of doing nothing.

...I'm going to live in Provence, France.

...I'm going to learn not to stress about where life is taking me.

...I'm going to see my Jesus face to face!!
"Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed!
For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told, " declares the LORD.
Habakkuk 1:5

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perpetual Students

     One of the reasons I have decided to write this blog is to archive life as we know and experience it here in our little corner of the world.  There are so many lessons we learn on a daily basis from each other and from ourselves.  We learn big lessons in a small way and small lessons in a big way.  Sometimes we like the lesson and hope that there are more to come just like it and sometimes we think the lesson is hard and hope that we don't have to take another field trip in order to experience the lesson in a different light.  Sometimes our lessons are "hands on" and as exciting as a science experiment...like blowing up a volcano in the kitchen! And sometimes our lessons seem boring and rote...like memorizing the capitals of the United States!! And then there are lessons that we just can't seem to "get".  We find ourselves stepping back up to the chalkboard to practice once again, wishing we could get it in our heads like a math fact, a part of speech, or the correct spelling of a word.  We wonder when we will learn the lesson well enough to take the test and pass!
   Many of the lessons are ones we must learn for ourselves without anyone helping us.  But most lessons, are ones we learn from each other.  It is funny how God teaches us.  I might be instructing one of my children on a particular subject or life lesson such as obedience, humility, or humbleness.  And all the while, He is sending ME back to the chalkboard to learn a lesson such as patience, self-sacrifice, or submission.  
     Many of the things you will read here are writings of such lessons.  Sometimes what you will read is about me, sometimes it will be about my children, sometimes it will be about my husband.  Most all of the time it will be about God and what He, as the Master, is teaching us. 
    So join us in the classroom!!  It is lively at times and reflective at others.  We study a lot and are tested A LOT!!  We strive for A's because as I tell my children..."You are able, capable, and have the potential to make an A!"  And I am sure that is EXACTLY what the Master says of us!  

We are perpetual students, learning from the Master, striving for A's, because we are able, capable, and have the potential!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment